SOLO Movie Trailer Review



Ray:

The Han solo movie trailer is the definition of ok. There are a few things that I really did not like that the trailer did. The trailer opens up with an empire recruitment scene between Han Solo and a recruiter. There have been tons of movies with recruitment scenes, and this one just came across as a copy. It was really weird to see such an ordinary scene in a Star Wars trailer. Tons of movies have recruitment scenes but Star Wars is the only one with jedi, Stormtroopers, Star Destroyers, and the Millennium Falcon. I think they should’ve emphasized the franchise’s strengths.
Star Wars is one of the most unique franchises, and they could literally do anything with the trailer. I did not like the choice to open with such a common place thing in society. It had some really awkward lines like “I want to be a pilot. This best in the galaxy.” It’s such a weird and out of place line. That is something a child would say, not a thirty-year-old man. Even if he wants to be the best pilot in the galaxy, a normal person would not go out and tell people especially a random guy. I understand that they were trying to go for Han Solo feel where in the originals he is the best. Here it did not work and felt forced to me.
My only other problem with the trailer is when Chewbacca puts his hand on Han Solo’s shoulder at the end. It looks really goofy. Since the trailer ends on this scene, it looks even goofier.

Everything else in the trailer I liked. I thought the music was really intense and was building up to excitement. My favorite shot in the whole trailer is when the star destroyer is surrounded by a lightning storm. It gave the effect of the empire being really powerful and dangerous. The action scenes are really cool. I especially enjoyed the fight on the train and how they matched the laser noise to the music. It was visually an amazing trailer and all the CGI mixes well with one another. I thought the new bad aliens looked really cool and fun. If the weird dialogue wasn’t there, I would be super excited for the Han Solo movie. I will still go and see it. The trailer itself just was not spectacular.


Tom:
This trailer does not reveal much, but it is enough to get Star Wars fans extremely excited.  The movie is focused around Han Solos early life.  He seems very determined to become a pilot, and  I think they will reveal the reason why in the movie.  Maybe he is avenging someone?  I was very excited to see Donald Glover (Childish Gambino) in the trailer.  I hope he plays a prominent role in the movie.  
 In the trailer he says "I want to be the best pilot". The tone of solos voice gives a hint to the dark side which i found interesting.  I was also excited to see the inside of the millennial falcon and am looking forward to seeing how he acquired the ship.  The music was great as always, and I look forward to hearing the rest of the soundtrack.            

Comments

  1. Thanks for your insight, hopefully the movie will be good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment